Extended Service Agreements
Miele: Terms & Conditions
This is a legal contract. By purchasing it, you understand that it is such a contract and acknowledge that you have had the opportunity to read the terms and conditions set forth herein. These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement. Your extended four year coverage will begin upon the expiration of the standard one-year product warranty
"We", "Us" and "Our" shall mean AMT Warranty Corp., who is the Administrator under this Service Agreement. In Florida "We", "Us" and "Our" shall mean Technology Insurance Company, Inc. "You" or "Your" shall mean the purchaser of the Product(s) covered by this Service Agreement. "Product" shall mean the item(s) which you purchased concurrently with and is covered by this Service Agreement.
2. What is Covered:
In consideration of payment of the Service Agreement price, We agree to furnish or pay for labor or parts or replacement equipment required to repair a mechanical or electrical failure of the covered product during normal usage for the term of this Service Agreement, if the Product is not covered under any other warranty or service contract. Non-original manufacturer's parts of like kind and quality may be used if the original manufacturer's parts are unavailable. In lieu of repairing the Product, We reserve the right, at Our sole discretion, to replace the Product with a product of equal or similar features and functionality. If the Product is replaced, We will have no further obligation to repair or replace the Product and You will not be entitled to make any further claims for its repair or replacement. This Service Agreement does not cover repairs to the Product for any of the causes or provide coverage for any losses set forth in the section entitled WHAT IS NOT COVERED below.
3. Electrical Surge Protection:
This Service Agreement also covers the electrical or mechanical failure of Your product(s) resulting from power surge caused by lightning or power outage. POWER SURGE DOES NOT COVER DAMAGES CAUSED BY IMPROPER INSTALLATION OR CONNECTION TO AN INCORRECT POWER SOURCE.
4. Food Loss Protection for Refrigerators or Freezers Only:
We will reimburse You up to $100.00 in any one (1) year of coverage for any food spoilage resulting from a covered mechanical or electrical failure of Your Product. We reserve the right to request purchase receipts and/or a list of spoiled contents for food spoilage claims reported to Us.
There is no deductible required to obtain service on Your Product.
6. Place of Service:
If You purchased On-Site Service, we will arrange to repair or replace the Product at Your location during normal business hours. If you purchased Carry/Mail-In Service, You will be responsible for delivery or shipment, prepaid and insured, of the Product to Our authorized service facility for repair or replacement.
7. Limit of Liability:
The total amount that We will pay for repairs made in connection with all claims that You make pursuant to this Service Agreement shall not exceed the purchase price of the Product, less taxes. In the event We make payments for repairs, which in the aggregate, are equal to the purchase price or We replace the Product, We will have no further obligations under this Service Agreement.
WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROPERTY DAMAGE, LOST TIME, OR LOST DATA RESULTING FROM THE FAILURE OF ANY PRODUCT OR EQUIPMENT OR FROM DELAYS IN SERVICE OR THE INABILITY TO RENDER SERVICE. WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY AND ALL PRE-EXISTING CONDITIONS THAT OCCUR PRIOR TO THE EFFECTIVE DATE OF THIS SERVICE AGREEMENT, INCLUDING INHERENT PRODUCT FLAWS.
This Service Agreement shall commence immediately upon expiration of the shortest portion of the manufacturer's original written warranty. If for example, the manufacturer provides a split warranty coverage program wherein the term durations are unequal for parts and labor (e.g., three months of labor and twelve months of parts coverage), and You have purchased a 12 month (365 days) extended service agreement, this plan shall commence on day 91 when the shortest portion of the manufacturer's warranty ends and will provide labor coverage through day 455. Both parts and labor coverage under this Service Agreement shall expire at the end of day 455. The product manufacturer has primary responsibility for replacement or repair of the Product during the manufacturer's warranty period. It shall remain in effect, subject to the Limit of Liability defined above, for the term specified in the sales documentation provided to You at time of purchase. All Products and/or parts replaced under this Service Agreement are the property of US in their entirety.
9. What Is Not Covered:
1. EQUIPMENT LOCATED OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA OR CANADA;
2. CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR DELAY IN RENDERING SERVICE UNDER THIS CONTRACT OR LOSS OF USE DURING THE PERIOD THAT THE PRODUCT IS AT THE REPAIR CENTER OR OTHERWISE AWAITING PARTS;
3. SERVICE REQUIRED AS A RESULT OF ANY ALTERATION OF THE EQUIPMENT OR REPAIRS MADE BY ANYONE OTHER THAN THE AUTHORIZED SERVICE PROVIDER, ITS AGENTS, DISTRIBUTORS, CONTRACTORS OR LICENSEES OR THE USE OF SUPPLIES OTHER THAN THOSE RECOMMENDED BY THE MANUFACTURER;
4. ANY AND ALL REMOTE CONTROLS;
5. REPLACEMENT OF REFRIGERANT OR FLUIDS UNLESS THE LOSS IS CAUSED BY A COVERED FAILURE;
6. ANY COVERED PRODUCT USED FOR ANY PURPOSE OTHER THAN SINGLE FAMILY HOUSEHOLD PURPOSES;
7. CHARGES RELATED TO "NO PROBLEM FOUND" DIAGNOSIS. NON FAILURE PROBLEMS, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ITEMS NOT COVERED, NOISES, SQUEAKS, ETC. INTERMITTENT ISSUES ARE NOT PRODUCT FAILURES.
8. EQUIPMENT SOLD WITHOUT A MANUFACTURER'S WARRANTY OR SOLD "AS IS;"
9. REFURBISHED PRODUCTS WITH LESS THAN AN ORIGINAL NINETY (90) DAYS MANUFACTURER'S PARTS AND LABOR LIMITED WARRANTY;
10. MAINTENANCE, REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT NECESSITATED BY LOSS OR DAMAGE RESULTING FROM ANY CAUSE OTHER THAN NORMAL USE AND OPERATION OF THE PRODUCT IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE MANUFACTURER'S SPECIFICATIONS AND OWNER'S MANUAL, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THEFT, EXPOSURE TO WEATHER CONDITIONS, OPERATOR NEGLIGENCE, MISUSE, ABUSE, IMPROPER ELECTRICAL/POWER SUPPLY, ETC.;
11. UNAUTHORIZED REPAIRS, IMPROPER INSTALLATION OR ATTACHMENTS, TRANSPORTATION DAMAGE;
12. COSMETIC DAMAGE TO CASE OR CABINETRY OR OTHER NON-OPERATING PARTS OR COMPONENTS;
13. LACK OF MANUFACTURER SPECIFIED MAINTENANCE, IMPROPER EQUIPMENT MODIFICATIONS, VANDALISM, ANIMAL OR INSECT INFESTATION, RUST, DUST, CORROSION, DEFECTIVE BATTERIES, BATTERY LEAKAGE, OR ACTS OF NATURE OR ANY OTHER PERIL ORIGINATING FROM OUTSIDE THE PRODUCT;
14. ALL DISPLAY PRODUCTS THAT ARE USED IN AN APPLICATION THAT REQUIRES CONTINUOUS BUSINESS AND/OR COMMERCIAL OPERATION;
15. EQUIPMENT USED IN INDUSTRIAL SETTINGS; EQUIPMENT USED IN INDUSTRIAL SETTINGS MAY BE DEFINED AS: (1) ANY UTILIZATION OF EQUIPMENT THAT IS INCONSISTENT WITH EITHER THE DESIGN OF THE EQUIPMENT OR THE WAY THE MANUFACTURER INTENDED THE EQUIPMENT TO BE USED; AND (2) ANY AND ALL CASES IN WHICH THE MANUFACTURER OF THE EQUIPMENT WOULD NOT HONOR ANY WARRANTY REGARDING THE EQUIPMENT;
16. ANY AND ALL ACCIDENTAL DAMAGE, CRACKED OR DAMAGED MONITOR, LAPTOP OR DISPLAY SCREENS, DAMAGE DUE TO WATER OR LIQUID MARKS AND/OR RINGS;
17. COMPONENTS NOT CONTAINED WITH THE HOUSINGS OF THE COVERED PRODUCT(S) SUCH AS ELECTRICAL WIRING, WATER OR GAS PIPING, HOSES, DUCTWORK, DRAINS, ETC.;
18. ANY AND ALL PRE-EXISTING CONDITIONS THAT OCCUR PRIOR TO THE EFFECTIVE DATE OF THIS CONTRACT;
19. SERVICE NECESSARY BECAUSE OF IMPROPER STORAGE, IMPROPER VENTILATION, RECONFIGURATION OF EQUIPMENT, USE OR MOVEMENT OF THE EQUIPMENT, INCLUDING THE FAILURE TO PLACE THE EQUIPMENT IN AN AREA THAT COMPLIES WITH THE MANUFACTURER'S PUBLISHED SPACE OR ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS;
20. ANY UTILIZATION OF EQUIPMENT THAT IS INCONSISTENT WITH EITHER THE DESIGN OF THE EQUIPMENT OR THE WAY THE MANUFACTURER INTENDED THE EQUIPMENT TO BE USED;
21. ANY INSTALLATION THAT PREVENTS NORMAL SERVICE;
22. ANY AND ALL CASES IN WHICH THE MANUFACTURER OF THE EQUIPMENT WOULD NOT HONOR ANY WARRANTY REGARDING THE EQUIPMENT;
23. FAILURE TO USE REASONABLE MEANS TO PROTECT YOUR PRODUCT FROM FURTHER DAMAGE AFTER A FAILURE OCCURS;
24. LOSS OR DAMAGE DUE TO FAILURE TO REPLENISH OR REPLACE COOLANTS, LUBRICANTS, REFRIGERANT OR ANY OTHER FLUID REQUIRED BY THE MANUFACTURER;
25. CONSUMABLES SUCH AS FILTERS, VACUUM CLEANER BAGS, BATTERIES, BULBS, DRUMS, SEWING MACHINE NEEDLES, KNOBS, ANY BELTS, DRIVE BELTS OR OTHER OPERATING SUPPLIES;
26. UNAUTHORIZED TRANSPORTATION CHARGES IF SERVICE IS SPECIFIED ON YOUR SALES RECEIPT AS CARRY IN;
27. PRODUCT(S) WITH REMOVED OR ALTERED SERIAL NUMBERS;
28. REPAIRS RECOMMENDED BY A REPAIR FACILITY NOT NECESSITATED BY MECHANICAL OR ELECTRICAL BREAKDOWN;
29. ANY REPAIR THAT IS A RESULT OF IN-WARRANTY PARTS NOT PROVIDED OR SHIPPED BY THE MANUFACTURER;
30. DAMAGE OR EQUIPMENT FAILURE WHICH IS COVERED BY MANUFACTURER'S WARRANTY, MANUFACTURER'S RECALL, OR FACTORY BULLETINS (REGARDLESS OF WHETHER OR NOT THE MANUFACTURER IS DOING BUSINESS AS AN ONGOING ENTERPRISE.);
31. CLEANING, PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE OR CUSTOMER EDUCATION;
32. SYSTEMS OR COMPONENT(S) THAT ARE COVERED BY A MANUFACTURER'S WARRANTY, INSURANCE OR ANOTHER SERVICE CONTRACT;
10. Custom Installations:
Products installed in cabinetry and other types of built-in applications are eligible for service as long as You make the product accessible to the service technician. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE DISMANTLING OR REINSTALLATION OF FIXED INFRASTRUCTURE WHEN REMOVING OR RETURNING REPAIRED OR REPLACED PRODUCT INTO A CUSTOM INSTALLATION.
In the event that Our authorized service center determines that it can not service Your Product(s) due to poor accessibility, unsafe working conditions, an adult over the age of 18 is not present, or that it cannot restore Your Product(s) to safe, working conditions due to reasons beyond the scope of this Service Agreement, such as (but not limited to) code violations, improper storage, installation, use or movement of the Product(s), including the failure to place the Product(s) in an area that complies with the manufacturer's published space or environmental requirements, Our authorized service center shall not be required to proceed with the covered repair until You remedy the applicable hazard at Your cost. You will also be responsible for the full cost of the original service call.
12. No Lemon Guarantee:
If Your Product has three service repairs completed, which repairs are covered by this Service Agreement, and a fourth such repair is required, as determined by Us, within any twelve (12) month period, Your Product will be replaced with a comparable product of equal or similar features and functionality. The cost of the replacement shall not exceed the original purchase price of Your Product and may be less due to technological advances. Upon replacement of Your Product, We will have no further obligation to repair or replace Your Product and You will not be entitled to make any further claims for its repair or replacement.
13. What To Do If Covered Product Requires Service:
Call Us at (800) 356-0991 toll-free and explain the problem. We will attempt to resolve the problem You are experiencing over the telephone. If We can not resolve the problem, You will be directed to an authorized service center. NOTE: THIS SERVICE AGREEMENT MAY BECOME VOID IF YOU MAKE UNAUTHORIZED REPAIRS. We reserve the right to inspect the Product from time to time. Service will be provided during normal business hours and in the USA only.
14. Transfer of Service Agreement:
This Service Agreement may be transferred to any person in the United States by contacting Us at (800) 356-0991 toll-free.
This is not an insurance policy. We have obtained an insurance policy to insure Our performance under this Service Agreement. Should We fail to pay any claim or fail to replace the Product covered under this Service Agreement within sixty (60) days after Product has been returned or, in the event that You cancel this Service Agreement, and We fail to refund the unearned portion of the Service Agreement price, You are entitled to make a direct claim against the insurer, Wesco Insurance Company, at (866) 505-4048 or 59 Maiden Lane, 6th Floor, New York, NY 10038.
NOTE: THE ABOVE GUARANTEE DOES NOT APPLY TO SERVICE AGREEMENTS SOLD IN THE STATE OF FLORIDA.
You may cancel this Service Agreement at any time. To arrange for cancellation of this Service Agreement, call Us at (800) 356-0991 toll-free. If You cancel within the first thirty (30) days after purchasing this Service Agreement You will receive a full refund, less any claims paid or pending. If You cancel after thirty (30) days following Your purchase of this Service Agreement, You will receive a pro rata refund based on the time remaining on Your Service Agreement, less an administrative fee of $10.00 or 10% of the Service Agreement plan price, whichever is less.
In AL, AZ, HI, MD, MN, NV, NM, NY, SC, TX, WA and WY, if You cancel within thirty (30) days of purchasing this Service Agreement, and do not receive a refund within thirty (30) days, We will apply a penalty fee of ten percent (10%) per month to Your refund.
We may cancel this Service Agreement for the following reasons: nonpayment of the Service Agreement plan price, fraud or material misrepresentation. If We cancel this Service Agreement, We will provide You with written notice of cancellation listing the reason for such cancellation not later than fifteen (15) days before the effective date of termination, and will refund Your payment in full, less any claims paid or pending.
17. Entire Contract:
This Service Agreement sets forth the entire contract between the parties and no representation, promise or condition not contained herein shall modify these terms unless amended by State Specific Disclosures.
If you reside in Hawaii, this provision apply to you:
If you have a question or complaint, You may contact the Insurance Commissioner, Hawaii Insurance Division, PO Box 3614, Honolulu, Hawaii, 96811
Miele Extended Service Protection Program
5800 Lombardo Center
Cleveland, OH 44131-2550
Toll-Free Customer Service: (800) 356-0991